Saturday, September 12, 2009

About Me

I grew up in church... and like many kids I grew up with, I left the church for a while, even imagined I could leave God.  But in my darkest hour, I found old words come spilling onto my lips, ones that I had locked deep in the closet of my past... and I knew that God was not only real, but was also Immanuel - God with us.  And so I started finding my way back - not to my childhood, but to my creation... who God had intended for me to be.  This journey has taken many detours I could have never expected: leaving what I thought was my dream job, marrying an academic / pastor, raising two great boys, finally hearing a call to vocational ministry through a church who patiently loved me into my calling, and receiving and offering healing prayer. Now, I offer spiritual direction and transformational coaching and serve on the pastoral team at my local church.  I'm getting closer to fifty, and I'm still learning to lean into God's intention for me... one journey at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment