Saturday, September 12, 2009

About Me

I grew up in church... and like many kids I grew up with, I left the church for a while, even imagined I could leave God.  But in my darkest hour, I found old words come spilling onto my lips, ones that I had locked deep in the closet of my past... and I knew that God was not only real, but was also Immanuel - God with us.  And so I started finding my way back - not to my childhood, but to my creation... who God had intended for me to be.  This journey has taken many detours I could have never expected: leaving what I thought was my dream job, marrying an academic / pastor, raising two great boys, serving a local church more than I ever thought I could, tutoring for a homeschool community, and receiving and offering healing prayer.  I just turned forty, and I feel like I'm finally starting to grow into God's intention for me... one journey at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment